Over the past year, the percentage of people who found my blog via a “frugal laundry” search in Google has sky-rocketed. The economy is tough and people are intensely searching for ways to ease their financial burden.
We’ve all got laundry to wash, so it seems like a great place to analyze a few cost-saving measures.
Mama’s Best Frugal Laundry Ideas
- Making the Most of Dryer Sheets – It’s not necessary to use the entire sheet in each load of laundry. Read my recommendations.
- Overdosing on Laundry Detergent – Less is more in the world of laundry detergent
- Frugal Laundry Necessities – Quite possibly my most loved frugal laundry must-have
- Reducing Lost Socks – Stop spending excess money on socks. This idea saves a lot of time spent matching as well.
- My Portable Clothesline – I’m so excited the weather is finally warmer and I can use it more often!
- Towels: To Hang or Not to Hang? – Not sure which is best? Maybe the yearly cost savings will convince you.
- Increase the Life of Your Lingerie – Lingerie is so expensive! Make yours last as long as possible.
- Drying Racks – A great round-up of various styles and options
- 8 Tips to Have Longer Lasting Clothes – Some of these are super easy changes you can make today. The longer your clothes last, the less money you spend.
- Preventing Wrinkly Clothes the Frugal Way – This one little step takes maybe 30 seconds
- Homemade Laundry Products – A round-up of recipes for homemade laundry products. Everything from wrinkle releaser to dryer sheets.
Have you written a frugal laundry post? Leave the link in the comments!
I am pleased to link this post to Frugal Fridays over at Life as MOM.