Are you hosting Thanksgiving Dinner this year?
If so, there are a million things to think about: the menu, grocery list, who is sitting where, if there are enough tables and chairs, and on and on…
Before you get in the thick of things, take 15 minutes to evaluate your table linens. You don’t want Thursday morning to arrive without this detail being squared away.
What to do:
- After planning your tables, ensure that you have enough tablecloths and napkins.
- Go ahead and dig all of your table linens out of their hiding spots – the linen closet, china hutch, etc.
- Evaluate if they need to be washed. If so, do that on Monday or Tuesday – well in advance of Thursday morning when things might be more chaotic and time is tight!
- After washing, see if they need to be pressed. A spare bed is the perfect spot to flatly store an ironed table cloth until you’re ready to use it.
What other linens might you need for Thanksgiving dinner?
- Plenty of clean dishcloths and kitchen hand towels
- Bread basket liners
- Clean aprons
- Clean potholders
Set yourself a goal to have all of your table and kitchen linens completely taken care of by Wednesday at the latest. You’ll be so happy you didn’t wait until the last minute!