Is folding laundry just a mundane task to you? Is it your least favorite chore?
Here is a list of things you can do while folding through your laundry pile:
- Check items off of your mental to-do list. I almost always have a written to-do list on the counter, but I also have a mental list going. I take that time to review what I’ve gotten accomplished and what is still left to do.
- Daydream. I rarely have a few moments of quiet for daydreaming. On the occasion that I am folding clothes alone, I let my mind wander. It’s fabulous.
- Memorize Scripture. I try to memorize Scripture with my children. This is a great few minutes to go over and review the verses.
- Interact with your kiddos. Tell them a story, ask them how their day was, or have them review their spelling words.
- Call your best friend/mom/sister. It’s a great time to chat up a friend. Laundry folding is not rocket science, so it won’t compete for your attention.
- Listen to something. An audio ebook, the radio, your favorite CD, an online course you’ve downloaded. The options are endless.
- Watch a short video on YouTube. The average load of laundry takes between 5 and 10 minutes to fold, depending on the size. YouTube has a plethora of short videos to bide your time while folding. There is everything from tutorials to news.
- Catch up on the DVR. If you’re a person that saves all of the laundry to fold at one time, it might take awhile. Watching a show from the DVR could be a nice treat while doing the job.
- Teach your children how to fold! If they are old enough, take this time to teach your children how to fold their own clothes. Start out with the easy stuff like folding a washcloth or folding their underwear flat. They can move on to folding t-shirts later once they master the basics.
What do you do while folding laundry? Leave your ideas in the comments!